Discover what children's centres can offer you and your family
If you are a parent or carer with children under five, then Sure Start Children’s Centres are for you.
The range of services on offer will depend on the needs of your community, a flavour is given below - and you can contact your local centre to find out more about what's on in your area.
Children's centres are there for you and your input and support is greatly appreciated. There are a vareity of ways in which you can get involved in the running of your centre - check out the tab below for more information.
What can children's centres offer?
- Information about family support services and activities
- Parenting advice and support for mums, dads and carers, in the centre and in your home
- Drop-in sessions including groups for parents, carers and childminders
- Links to early education and childcare for children under five, including childminders, play schemes and holiday clubs
- Access to child and family health services, including antenatal and postnatal support
- Links with Jobcentre Plus, further education and training opportunities
- Services for children with special needs
- Some children’s centres also offer services for children older than five.
- Join your centre's parent/family forum to have your say about what groups and services the centre offers.
- Ask you centre about volunteering opportunities, you could help set up and run groups, promote centre activities and more.
Have your say
- Children's centres welcome positive comments and compliments. If you have something to say about the support you've received from your centre, write them a letter or send them an email to let them know.
- If you have a complaint to make, follow the link below to submit it: