Practitioners - the role of children's centres in Hampshire
Children’s centres are a Government initiative to provide better outcomes for children, families and local communities. Children’s centres will act as a local hub for a wide range of integrated services.
Integrated services are not only about the delivery of different services from a variety of statutory, voluntary and community partners. It is also about those partners coming together, with parents, to plan a joint vision and agenda to deliver these services through a management team that represents all parties involved.
Children’s centres are not about creating physical buildings, but building on the services that are already in place. In some areas, however, we may need to set up entirely new facilities to enable services to come together.
For further information on children’s centres in Hampshire, the services they provide or where your nearest centre is located please select from the appropriate link on the left.
- Contact details for Sure Start Children's Centres in Hampshire
- Services for Young Children
- Hampshire Family Information Directory - search for childcare and family services
- DCSF guide to information sharing with children's centres 1mb
- Interested in becoming a partnership board member?