About Educational Psychology?
Educational Psychology helps us understand how children learn, develop, feel and get along together.
HEP Educational Psychologists have:
- In-depth knowledge of psychological theories and their practical application
- A thorough understanding of child development
- Up-to-date knowledge of the education system and how children learn
- Significant experience of working with children and young people
The goal of the Educational Psychologist is to:
- Identify and overcome barriers to learning
- Assist parents, carers and teachers to develop interventions for children with needs such as:
- Emotional and motivational issues
- Attention difficulties and ADHD
- Literacy difficulties, including dyslexia
- Social communication difficulties, including autism
- Teach pupils and students how to work more efficiently