What does an Educational Psychologist's work include?Our Educational Psychologists (EPs) are committed to developing an inclusive education system and society where every child can achieve. We work on behalf of Hampshire County Council's Childrens Services Department to promote the learning of all children in Hampshire.
We offer consultation advice and training on how schools and carers might help children to learn effectively, and to make the most of their education.
Our EPs work with:
- groups of school staff to develop ways of working with children as individuals and in groups
- headteachers, inspectors, advisory teachers and education officers to develop approaches to teaching and learning
- schools to provide guidance on managing whole school issues, such as reducing bullying, improving playground behaviour and teaching children to read
- individual children and/or their parents/carers
- other professionals from health authorities, social services and voluntary organisations
- pre-school providers, parents and carers for children under school age.