YouthTube - for young people in Hampshire

Housing for care leavers

Children's Services have a duty to help you with your housing needs when you are about to leave care. They should also continue to support you once you leave and help you to sort out any problems.

You will need to meet with your keyworker or personal adviser as part of your leaving care package. This is when you can talk about suitable accommodation and apply for financial help if necessary. Between the two of you, you should create a leaving care plan which will set out what help and support you will need to cope with life outside care.

Contact Children's Services

Make sure you keep in contact with your social worker and tell them immediately if anything goes wrong with your housing.

There's an organisation called National Voice which is run by and for young people who are in care or who have been in care.


Search YouthTube