Hampshire County Youth Conference
A number of conferences are held each year for young people in Hampshire.
Local Children's Partnerships in Hampshire identify groups of young people aged 11-19 (and up to 25 with special needs) who may benefit from attending the conference. These groups of young people identify what’s going on locally and these ideas are brought to the conference for further discussion. The conferences provide a range of useful information to give to a panel of top decision makers. There are also stalls and interactive workshops at the conferences.
Aim of the conferences
- Share examples of projects undertaking good practice
- Get views from young people on how best we should communicate and support them – what could we do better?
- Understand the role of the Members of Youth Parliament
- Identify local priorities
- Explore opportunities to implement local social enterprise
- Give young people an opportunity to directly question decision makers
Outcomes after the conferences
- Help to set local priorities for the development of services for children and young people
- Initiate local social enterprise projects
- Feedback given and actioned by decision makers
Frequently asked questions
How many young people can we bring?
Up to 8 per establishment.
Do young people have to bring lunch?
No. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Does uniform need to be worn?
It is up to each school whether their students need to wear uniform.
Is there minibus parking?
Yes, please tick on the booking form and provide the details requested. Parking information will be sent nearer the time.
What if I don’t know the names of who I am bringing yet?
Put TBC in the box and amend the booking when you have the information.
Will young people have to stand up and speak in front of others?
Young people will sit in groups of approx. 8 around tables with facilitators and take part in small group work activities.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org