Hampshire Youth Offending Team (Hampshire YOT)
Hampshire YOT has over 90 staff and about 150 volunteers who work together to prevent young people offending or reoffending.
The service is made up of Social Workers, Police Officers, Probation Officers, Youth Support Workers and specialists in health, education, parenting, substance misuse and sports/arts.
We do this by:
- Supporting and supervising children and young people who have been made the subject of a court order because they have committed a criminal offence.
- Assessing and providing interventions for children and young people who are at risk of offending, or who have received a youth restorative disposal, final warning or youth conditional caution administered by the Police.
- Acting as an appropriate adult (in the absence of a parent/guardian) for children and young people held in custody at a police station.
- Providing support for young people on bail.
- Preparing reports and other information for courts in criminal proceedings so that informed judgements can be made by the judiciary.
- Working with parents to help them develop better parenting skills.
- Offering the victims of crime the opportunity to get involved in the process (even to the extent of meeting the offender) to help the young person understand the impact of their offending behaviour.
Youth Crime Prevention Teams
Working alongside the Hampshire Children's Locality Teams are eight Youth Crime Prevention Teams. They work with young people aged 10-16 who are at risk of offending or commiting anti social behaviour.
Engagement with the team is on a voluntary basis and each case is alocated a key worker who provides an individual plan of intervention.
For further information about crime prevention please contact: Elle Snookes. Tel: 07793759194, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampshire Youth Offending Team
EII Court (East)
The Castle, Winchester
Tel: 01962 845501
Fax: 01962 846078
Head of the Hampshire YOT