Although Hampshire Youth Offending Team primarily work with young people between the ages of 10 and 17 years who are in conflict with the law, often the parents of these young people also require support.
Among the YOT staff are specialist parenting support co-ordinators who work with parents who attend programmes either voluntarily, or as a condition of a court order.
The Youth Offending Team provides a programme of eight sessions which aims to give parents/carers an insight into:
- Different ways of relating to their teenagers who have been in trouble with the police.
- Thinking and talking about building on the positive aspects of family life.
- What it is like to be a teenager and to be a parent.
- What causes children and parents to behave the way they do.
- How to listen and communicate better with their children.
- How to manage conflict and negotiate.
- How to help children cope with change and accept responsibility.
- Setting boundaries; being an authoritative parent.
- Where to find help and support when needed.
For more information contact the parent support co-ordinator in your area.
North East Hampshire
South East Hampshire
North West Hampshire
South West Hampshire