Hampshire Youth Offending Team (HYOT)
Who are we?
Youth Offending Teams were set up by the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. Hampshire Youth Offending Team (HYOT) is a multi-agency team comprising of staff from children’s services, probation, police and health. We are funded by those agencies plus a grant from the Youth Justice Board.
What do we want?
HYOT’s overarching ambition is to see fewer and fewer children and young people involved in the criminal justice system in Hampshire, thus reducing the number of potential victims of crime and promoting the confidence and safety of our local communities. We aim to be a high performing YOT who develop and maximise the potential of every child and young person, delivering quality assessments and interventions which will prevent offending and protect the public.
What do we do?
HYOT work together with our partner agencies to prevent offending and reoffending of children and young people.
What do we believe?
- All children and young people have the ability and capacity to change and should be given every opportunity to do so
- Effective role modelling of all HYOT staff
- The importance of early help and prevention
- The value of difference, respect, partnership and participation
- The importance of keeping the public safe and reducing future victims