What is the Parent Partnership Service?
The Parent Partnership Service provides impartial advice, information and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) throughout Hampshire. Our service is available to all families for whom special educational needs plays a part.
The Parent Partnership Service aims to ensure that parents and carers play an informed part in planning provision to meet their child’s special educational needs. We aim to build partnerships between parents and carers, the LEA and schools. We also encourage parents and carers to be involved in the development of local SEN policy and practice.
What help can the Parent Partnership Service give?
We can help by providing information, advice and support to parents and carers at all stages of their child’s school life, from pre-school early diagnosis through to leaving school. The Service offers:
- a confidential helpline
- general information on special educational needs
- help for parents and carers to express their views
- support through the statutory assessment process
- help to complete forms and to understand complex documents and reports
- home visits and support at meetings
- presentations to support groups
- special needs information days.
Parent Partnership news and leaflets
Contact the Parent Partnership Service
- Telephone: 01962 845870 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Answerphone: available for out of hours
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Hampshire County Council, Children's Services, The Castle, Winchester SO23 8UG.