Information for activity providers
Are you keen to offer inclusive activities?
We are working with activity providers to increase opportunities for children and young people with disabilities and/or additional needs to participate in a wide range of leisure and recreation activities. These are known as short breaks which could last from a few hours, a day, evening, or a weekend activity.
Learning and Development available
See Learning and Development for details about the FREE Inclusion eLearning modules available for both specialist and mainstream activity providers as well as the range of workshops on offer.
Inclusion Resource Pack
Check out the Inclusion Resource Pack and the Inclusion in Action DVD for tips and suggestions to support your setting in becoming even more inclusive for children and young people with disabilities and/or additional needs.
Parent Voice are able to assist with promoting inclusive activities and increasing choice for disabled children and young people. You can contact the team on 0300 303 8603 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
See funding application forms and guidance notes for details about the funding available.
Providers forums and frequently asked questions
We held our most recent Providers Forum in November 2015, links to resources that were featured are available here:
Resources from previous Providers Forums can be found here:
- Short Breaks Provider forum - consultation feedback May 2015 4 MB
- Short Breaks presentation (November 2014) 2 MB
- Short Breaks presentation (June 2014) 1 MB
- Local Offer presentation (June 2014) 1 MB
- Discussion notes (June 2014) 20 kB
- Short Breaks presentation (September 2013) 2 MB
- Providers Frequently Asked Questions
- Safeguarding (May 2013) 937 kB
- The Role of the LADO 120 kB
- Financial Hardship for Families 5 MB
- Hampshire Gateway/Training updates 2 MB
- Ideas to support families in Financial Hardship 391 kB
How can we help you promote the range of activities you have available?
We are keen to advertise information about all Activity Providers and Activities that actively welcome children and young people with disabilities. See Promoting your short breaks activities for details.
Information for activity providers about the Gateway Card