Insulate Hampshire (IH) was an area based insulation scheme developed in partnership with all District and Borough Councils and the County Council in Hampshire, to deliver free cavity wall and loft insulation to all Hampshire residents. Yorkshire Energy Services managed the scheme on behalf of the Local Authority Partnership and ScottishPower was the primary CERT* funding provider.
*** THE INSULATE HAMPSHIRE SCHEME HAS NOW CLOSED ***
Please Note: Some residents have been receiving cold calls suggesting that there are faults or issues with the loft/cavity wall insulation measures they had installed under the Insulate Hampshire scheme and that their current insulation needs to be removed and replaced for a charge. Issues which the cold callers have mentioned to date include:
Insulation causing damp/condensation
Insulation containing asbestos
Insulation containing glass fibres against regulations
Hampshire Trading Standards are advising residents that this information is incorrect, and any such cold callers should be reported to the Hampshire County Council Trading Standards Quick Response Team on 01962 833666.
Headline facts, figures and achievements
- IH was the largest two-tier Local Authority area-based insulation scheme in the country and delivered the most insulation measures in the same timescales of any other scheme.
- Over 18,600 insulation measures installed
- Over 9,500 tonnes CO2 reduction and energy bill savings of over £2.3million for residents saved over 12 months after installation**
- For the lifetime of the insulation, energy bill savings are estimated at over £91million and over 380,000 tonnes CO2**
- Over £5.6million of CERT* investment in Hampshire.
- Unique Community DIY programme developed for insulate Hampshire.
- In total 33 Community DIY events were held, resulting in over 4,000 free loft top-up measures. Delivered through close working with community groups across Hampshire.
- IH successfully worked with over 120 community groups / agencies helping to widen its reach and support community cohesion.
- The creation and maintenance of over 100 jobs, with a new local Hampshire depot opened.
- Both the loft and cavity wall insulation used for IH was produced from recycled glass which further reduced environmental impact.
- IH received twice the amount of compliments as compared with complaints for the scheme.
- Successfully secured over £385,000 in funding from the Department of Energy and Climate Change to deliver additional fuel poverty reduction measures in 2013.
- Best Local Initiative at Climate Week 2013
- South East Carbon Action Network Award 2013
Find out more about Insulate Hampshire - Insulate Hampshire Final Report 4 MB
Contact Us if you have further questions about the scheme.
*CERT is the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target, an obligation on the larger energy suppliers to save carbon in domestic properties, ended December 2012
**Savings based on calculations from the Energy Saving Trust, installation of CWI and LI result in financial savings of up to £135 and £175 respectively per measure per year.