What is Amazon?
Amazon is an online store where people can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. It provides shipping all over the world and has online stores in Canada, UK, Germany, France, Japan and China.
The types of things you can find on Amazon include
- Books, Music and DVD’s
- Computers and Office Equipment
- Home and Garden Ware
- Toys and Child/Baby items
- Clothes, Shoes and Watches
- Sport and Leisure items
- Health and Beauty items
- DIY, Tools and care items.
How to use Amazon
There are 2 main ways to search for things on Amazon. You can search using keywords or shop by departments.
Search using key words
Searching using keywords is great if your not quite sure what you are looking for.
Type your key word or words in the search bar
You can either select an option displayed below the search box, or hit Go
Shop by department
Select the department you want to search in
Select which area you want to search in
You can then browse that section down the left hand side of the page
- Keep an eye out on special offers.
- Always read terms and conditions before buying items, and check their returns policy.
- Check to see if your eligible for free delivery.
- Create an account for easy shopping.
- Use wish lists and send them to friends and family to help them chose Christmas and birthday presents.
- Read reviews to see what others have said about the products.
- Sign into your account and see what products you have checked out.