Guidance on an acceptable photograph
The photograph is a vital part of the concessionary travel application. If the photograph you supply is not acceptable, your application will be delayed. In order to ensure that your photograph meets the standard required please read the guidance below:
- Facing forwards, looking straight towards the camera.
- It must show your head and shoulders only, without any headgear, unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Taken recently
- Passport style and sized 45mm x 35mm
- A colour photograph taken against a plain light-coloured background.
- Undamaged, for example, by creases, staples, paperclips or other marks
- Your eyes open and clearly visible.
Size and position of imageLook directly ahead straight into the camera
Image backgroundAvoid patterns and other images encroaching into the background. A plain light coloured background is most successful.
Photograph qualityAvoid over and under exposed photos. Watchout for shadows created behind the subject