Public, Community & School Transport

Disabled Person’s Concessionary Travel Paper Application Form

OR on-line (except for vouchers and companion passes)

HCC logo

Version 12/DP: April 2015

This is not an online form: this form must be printed out, completed by hand, and posted to the County Council (address at the bottom of final page).

(Complete application form in conjunction with the Concessionary Travel Guide)  

Part One

  • About You

  • Please tick one box only

  • I do not currently have any type of concessionary travel pass

  • " "

  • I am a current Hampshire County Council holder wanting to change concession (no charge). Please return current pass

  • " "

  • I am a current Hampshire County Council holder wanting a replacement due to a lost, damaged or stolen pass.

    Note:  A £10.50 fee will apply unless accompanied by an official crime number. In case of theft complete Part Two and then go straight to Part Seven to sign and date - no photo is required.

    Crime Number (if applicable): _________________

  • " "


Part Two

Personal details

Mr/Mrs/Ms etc:




Date of birth

National Insurance number








Part Three

  • Eligibility criteria

  • Please tick all that apply

    • Blind or partially sighted

  • " "

    • Profoundly or severely deaf

  • " "

    • Without speech

  • " "

    • Disability or injury which has a substantial and long term effect on my ability to walk

  • " "

    • Without arms or the long term loss of the use of both arms

  • " "

    • Severe learning difficulty

  • " "

    • Prevented from holding or would be refused a driving licence on medical grounds

  • " "

    • Member/Veteran of the Armed Services seriously injured in service

  • " "


Part Four

  • Type of concession required

  • Please tick one

    • A disabled person’s bus pass, or

  • " "

    • A disabled person's companion bus pass, or

  • " "

    • A disabled person’s vouchers

  • " "


Part Five -

Evidence of eligibility

Proof of each of the following are required before your application can be processed (please only send copies and not originals).

  • Name and Address: preferably a copy of an official letter within the last six months e.g gas/electric bill.
  • Date of birth (only if applicant is under 10 years old).

Also if you are applying for a companion pass a health care letter is required

  • Plus ONE only of the following (tick or fill in as necessary):

  • Please tick

  • Data Protection Act 1998

    If you have been previously assessed regarding your mobility, please tick if you consent to the access of your Blue Badge records to assist with making better informed decisions and also speeding up the application process for your travel concession.

    • Hampshire County Council Blue Badge.
      Please provide the card number:__________________

  • " "

    • Award letter for any Attendance Allowance

  • " "

    • Award letter for the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance

  • " "

    • Award letter for a War Pensioners Mobility Allowance

  • " "

    • Award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1- 8 under the 2005 Armed  Forces Compensation Scheme

  • " "

    • Letter from the DVLA giving notice of long-term refusal or withdrawal of driving licence on medical grounds (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme) OR confirmation from a healthcare professional

  • " "

    • Award letter for personal independence payment (PIP) where the applicant has been awarded at least 8 points or more for the PIP "Moving Around" or "Communicating Verbally" activities OR audiology evidence demonstrating severed hearing loss 70-95 dB OR registered with HCC Deaf Services

    • (for a companion pass only) Original disability evidence PLUS a letter from a health care professional supporting the application

  • " "


Part Six -

Colour passport photograph

Please ensure that you enclose a recent colour passport-sized photograph for use on your bus pass or on each voucher. Please clearly write your name and date of birth on the reverse of your photograph.

Part Seven -


I confirm that I am a permanent resident in Hampshire and can only have one concession for my sole use to which I am entitled under the Transport Act 2000 and subsequent amendments. I understand that the concession is not transferable and that misuse may result in prosecution. I authorise Hampshire County Council to make any enquiries necessary to verify entitlement for travel concessions. The information given is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Applicants under the age of 16 will need a parent/guardian to sign the form.

Signed:_______________________________                   Dated:______________

Data Protection: The information given in this form will be recorded on a computer system subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and may be used for data matching purposes for the detection and prevention of fraud and retained for 3 months. The accompanying personal evidence will be destroyed as soon as your application has been processed. Telephone numbers are requested as we may need to contact you about your application or if you lose your pass and it is returned.

Please send your application form, photograph, and copies of evidence to:

Concessionary Travel
P O Box 696
PO14 9PD

Telephone: 0300 555 1376*
Textphone: 0300 555 1390*

*Calls to 0300 numbers are included in call packages, or charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers. Costs may vary depending on your telecoms provider and whether you are calling from a landline or mobile. Further information about call charges can be found at