Danebury Iron Age hill fort is in Hampshire, north west of Stockbridge and close to Nether Wallop.
Open all day
We occasionally have to close the site at short notice, either due to requests from the MoD or to protect sensitive habitats or breeding birds. We apologise for any disappointment this may cause.
- Free entry
Free car and coach parking
- Toilets, including an accessible toilet, are usually open from April – October, but occasionally have to be closed during very cold weather.
- There is a continuous moderate gradient from the car park up to the hill fort with a short steeper section at the top
- The Hill Fort is fenced and access is through gates or kissing gates
- Further accessibility and disability information
Dogs at Danebury
- Dogs are welcome at Danebury. Our coloured paw print signs will let you know where you can go with your dog and where animals are grazing.
We can provide specialist tours for group bookings:
- Please contact the Museum of the Iron Age in Andover for archaeology tours - tel 0845 603 5635
- Please contact the Rangers for countryside and wildlife tours – 01962 860948
How to find us
- Take the A30 west out of Stockbridge. At the top of the hill turn right to Danebury, which is on the left after a couple of miles.
- Satnav postcode for Danebury Hill Fort, near Stockbridge, SO20 8UL
- O.S. Landranger map 185
Map to find Danebury Hill Fort
Tel: 01962 860948