Local Access Forum law
Other Local Access Forums
These are the more formal groups who have web-sites; there are also a number of small, informal, groups which you can find out about by asking around locally.
- Ramblers Association Hampshire
- Hampshire Wildlife Trust - see 'Events Diary'
- Long Distance Walkers Association
In addition to the groups listed under the 'Local walking groups' page, there are some groups aimed specifically at dog walkers
Club members invariably know the best routes and run many events, including guided rides and events open to non-members. Clubs in Hampshire include the following branches of the Cyclists' Touring Club ('CTC')
- South Hampshire
- North Hampshire District
- Portsmouth District Association
- There is also an off-road club in the New Forest, 'NewForce'.
These organisation all have links with many local clubs and facilities.
- British Driving Society
- British Equestrian Federation
- New Forest Disabled Driving Group
- White Horse Harness Club
- South Downs Harness Club
- Riding for the Disabled
Some groups concentrate on protecting the rights of motor vehicle users in the countryside and others organise events and provide opportunities to use your vehicle off-road.
- Wessex Hillrunners, a Portsmouth-based family off-roading club, promoting responsible use of routes in Hampshire
- Hants and Berks Rover Owners, a large Tadley-based club, not exclusively for Rover-owners
- LARA - Land Access and Recreation Association, set up to co-ordinate the defence of motor sport and recreation
- GLASS - Green Lane Association, represents the interests of motor car users on unsurfaced minor highways or, Green Lanes, in England and Wales
- AWDC - All Wheel Drive Club, is an international organisation catering for users of vehicles other than motorcycles.
- TRF - Trail Riders Fellowship, represents motorcyclists using green lanes.
- ACU - Auto-Cycle Union is the governing body of motorcycle sport.
- Shires Land Rover Club - Hampshire based organisation which promotes the sensible use of green lanes.
- Solent and District Land Rover Club - Hampshire based organisation which promotes the sensible use of green lanes.
- Hampshire Roamability
- Opensight - Hants Association for the Care of the Blind
- Havant Borough Council Access Group
- Hayling Island Countryside Access - Dennis Medlycott, tel 023 9246 6477
- Hart Access Group
- New Forest Access for All
- Access Group for Basingstoke & Deane contact Anne Gray email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winchester Group for Disabled People, tel 01962 840600
- Accessible Countryside for Everyone
Also see the riding, carriage-driving and vehicle groups listed above.
- National Farmers' Union (NFU)
- Country Land and Business Association (CLA)
- Tenant Farmers' Association
- Farmers Markets - Hampshire
- Hampshire Fare
- Sparsholt College