Guidelines for Teachers
Guidelines for Teachers
Before your visit
- Ranger led visits must be booked in advance and are based on a ratio of 15 children per session. Groups may need to be divided to complete activities at different times throughout the day.
- We recommend a pre-visit to familiarise yourself with the park and complete your own risk assessments. if you require guidance on activities or areas of the park don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Supervision Ratios: under 5 years 1:6, under 8 years 1:8, 8- 18years 1:12
- This is an open country site, for self tutored visits at least one leader must hold the Open Country Award
- For self led beach studies please remember to check tide times. Tide predictions for Lepe can be accessed from www.ukho.gov.uk - select Easy Tide and look up Stansore Point.
- Please ensure you group brings appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear for all weathers. Supplies of water and sun cream are advised.
- The classroom can be booked for all or part of the day for follow up sessions, a place for lunch or as a wet weather option.
- Tarpaulins are available to borrow to sit on for picnic lunches, please let us know if require these.
- Ice creams can be bought from the café, to check opening times call the restaurant 023 8089 3681.
On the day
- Parking Tickets must be bought on arrival at pay and display machines. To avoid delay please ensure you have change.
- The public toilets are open every day and are situated by the café and park office. We recommend they are used in small groups.
- Please report to the park office to collect equipment and meet your ranger for pre booked activities.
- School staff are responsible for the welfare and behaviour of children throughout your visit including during ranger led activities.
- Please ensure you have a nominated first aider for your visit.
- In case of an emergency please inform park staff who can provide Firtst Aid assistance and advice.
After your visit
- Please complete an evaluation form after your visit to help us develop and improve our facilities.
|Beach, River, Pond||Possibility of drowning||Low||High||
|Coach & Car Parks||Injury from traffic||Low||High||
|Cliffs||Injury from falling over edge||Low||Medium||
|Site Wide||Slips, trips and falls||Med||Low||
|Cuts and scratches from plants||Med||Low||
|Allergies to insects and plants||Low||Medium||
|Abduction / assault by member of public||Low||High||
|Injury from falling trees and branches||Low||Medium||