We offer a range of activities upon request and subject to availability. All the activities can be adapted to suit your school group’s needs and to relate to the National Curriculum.
Essential Information to be aware of when thinking of booking a school visit:
- All Educational group visits and support materials must be booked in advance.
- Bookings will only be confirmed with a booking form completed and a pre visit to the site.
- The farm is generally open for pre-booked school group visits during the school term, from February to November inclusive.
- Appropriate footwear should be worn, since the farm can be muddy and uneven in places. Wellington boots are advisable in wet weather.
- Please ensure you adhere to your governing body's guidelines with regards to offsite activities and have informed the relevant people that you will be visiting the site.
Staff Led Activities – £6 per child
We offer a range of exciting Wartime Week and Victorian Life Special Activities for Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2 pupils during term time and activities for community led groups which are led by our Social History Demonstrators and our Rangers. Teachers & Group leaders are encouraged to become involved in all the activities. For more information please see our Victorian Life and Wartime Weeks page.
Self Guided Visit – £4 per child
Self guided groups have the freedom to enjoy the special atmosphere of the working farmyard and farmhouse while learning about rural life in the early part of the 20th Century. Please note that access to some areas, such as the milking parlour, school room and farmhouse, may be restricted before 1pm if they are being used by a Staff Led group.
Education Pack 591 kB