Royal Victoria Country Park has an excellent range of affordable Barbecue facilities. Why not book one of our BBQs and have an enjoyable time out
BBQ sites must be booked in advance and BBQ's are not permitted in other areas of the park.
Each BBQ is available for 2 sessions a day, 11am to 4pm and 6pm to 10pm.
Please check terms and conditions before booking.
Standard parking charges apply to all BBQ users. Please purchase a ticket from our pay and display machine inthe overflow car park.
Large barbecues – Capacity 100
Cypress, Oak, Laurel, Willow, Rowan
Cost £65 (BBQs held between 1 October–31 March half price)
- Cypress is located in an attractive wooded area
- Oak is located in a scenic open area with views of the Heritage Visitor Centre and close to children’s play areas
- Laurel is located in an attractive open area
- Willow is situated in a wooded area
- Hawthorns is in a private secluded field, only £100 per session
- Rowan is situated above Primrose in a shady area
Small barbecues – Capacity 20–25
Bluebell and Primrose
Cost £35 (BBQs held between 1 October - 31 March half price)
- Bluebell is located in a scenic open area with views of the Heritage Centre and close to children’s play facilities
- Primrose is situated in a shaded area
We supply the BBQ and grill
- You will need to bring your own charcoal (approx 5kg per 50 people)
- Charcoal is available from the Heritage Visitor Centre
- Gloves and apron
- First aid kit
- Safety matches and firelighters
- Cooking utensils - long handled forks, skewers etc
- Tin foil
- Bucket for water
Make a booking online
- We do not take provisional bookings and the booking is not confirmed until payment has been received.
- We accept cash, credit cards or cheques: please make payable to Hampshire County Council.
- You can either book online, call into the shop, or tel 023 8045 5157 between 10am to 4.30pm to check the availability of the time and date that you would like to book. All of our BBQs are very popular, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Standard pay and display charges apply to all BBQ users, please park in the overflow carpark and purchase a ticket from our pay and display machine.
- If you are a Hampshire County Council organisation or school, and you wish to book a BBQ hearth, please contact the Park Centre who will be able to help with your booking. Apologies, there are VAT implications if you use the on-line booking process.
- The Site is patrolled regularly throughout the year
Read our BBQ terms and conditions
Please note: Bouncy Castles/Inflatables can only be used if booked via Little Monsters tel 0800 043 0346.