Guidelines for teachers
Before your visit
- Heritage and Community Engagement Officer led visits must be booked in advance.
- Groups may need to be divided to complete activities at different times throughout the day.
- We insist on a pre-visit to familiarise yourself with the park and complete your own risk assessments. If you require guidance on activities or areas of the park please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Supervision Ratios:- Foundation 1:4 KS1 1:5 KS2 1:12 Please remember that Heritage and Community Engagement Officers cannot be included in your ratios.
- This is an open country site, for self tutored visits at least one leader must hold the Open Country Award.
- For self led beach studies please remember to check tide times.
- Please ensure your group brings appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear for all weathers. Supplies of water and sun cream are advised.
On the day
- The public toilets are open every day and are situated next to the Cedar Tea-rooms. We recommend they are used in small groups, i.e. 5 at a time.
- Please report to the park office to collect any equipment and meet your Heritage and Community Engagement Officers for pre booked activities.
- School staff are responsible for the welfare and behaviour of children throughout your visit including during ranger led activities.
- Please ensure you have a nominated first aider for your visit.
- In case of an emergency please call for an ambulance directly inform park staff who can provide assistance and advice.
After your visit
Please complete an evaluation form after your visit to help us develop and improve our facilities and our service to you.