County Supplies – Working with Academy Schools
What we can offer you
As an Academy school and a customer of County Supplies you can access over 2,700 educational and office products available from stock with free regular scheduled deliveries. You can also take advantage of a wide range of contracts for products and services delivered direct by our contracted suppliers. For more information see our Contracts pages.
Additionally, any existing contracts your school may have via a County Supplies contract, such as Photocopiers, Energy or Cleaning, can be transferred under the same terms and conditions.
Full details of the range of contracts offered are available on our online directory Contracting Direct. The contracts are easily searchable and orders can be placed directly with the suppliers. As an Academy School you are eligible to register and use Contracting Direct.
Re-register as an Academy customer and start receiving these benefits today
If you would like to re-register as an Academy customer please complete our online application form.
Further information about County Supplies is available on this website or by contacting Customer Services on:
Tel: (01962) 826999
About County Supplies
County Supplies is a not-for-profit, self-funding business unit of Hampshire County Council providing services to a wide range of customers, including education, social care, local government, voluntary and community organisations. More detailed information about who we are and what we do can be found on our About Us page
Services for Schools
Full details of all services offered by Hampshire County Council to Schools and Academies can be found on the Services to Schools page.
Benefits to Academy Schools
- Impartial procurement advice and guidance from professionally qualified buyers with many years of experience.
- Over 3,000 educational and office products available from the County Supplies warehouse in Winchester with free regular scheduled deliveries.
- Fast, effortless stock ordering via County Supplies Online.
- A wide range of contracts for products and services, delivered directly by suppliers, such as office equipment, furniture and cash handling.
- Site specific contracts for individual customers for a range of services, such as catering, cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- An energy buying service, including access to large aggregated contracts for both gas and electricity which use the latest ‘flexible’ purchasing strategies. We can also offer advice and assistance with metering and other matters relating to supply.
- All our products and services have been purchased or contracted to meet European Union and national procurement legislation and the County Council’s own Contract Standing Orders, meaning all procurement requirements have been met on behalf of customers.
- As a member of two major purchasing consortiums, Central Buying Consortium and Pro5, we have massive purchasing power to negotiate highly competitive prices.
- As standard, all our procurement decisions include consideration of social responsibility issues, including sustainability, equalities, the local economy and health and safety.
- Specific contracts can be undertaken on behalf of customers, offering support throughout the tender process and during the life of the contract.
- Stock can be ordered easily and simply online.
- Free deliveries and no small order charges on all stock orders.
- No charge for return of stock items.
- Many years experience of meeting the needs of the schools market.
- Not-for-profit service and the desire to deliver a good service based on value for money.