Pianos – Tuning and Minor Overhaul – Contract Reference HS/1234
9 Clifton Road
Tel: (023) 8078 3009
Tel: (01794) 341778
4 Sutton Close
Tel: (023) 9265 3428
23 Arcadia Road
Tel: (01202) 471525
Preferential prices and terms
On application to the contractors.
Area of County
Please contact the contractor local to your establishment in the first instance.
Official order sent direct to the contractor, quoting Contract Reference number HS/1234.
Sarah Wild, Procurement Officer
County Supplies, Bar End Road, Winchester SO23 9NR.
Tel: (01962) 826909
Fax: (01962) 826964
Specification of work
The pitch of all pianos to be maintained at pitch C-523.3 (except where an attempt to achieve this would be harmful to the instrument). On no account should any piano with the correct pitch be altered.
Minor Overhauls with Fine Tuning
Inspect all pianos and carry out the minor repair/adjustments specified below:
– Pedal Action: Stop noise and adjust. Replace broken strings.
– Strings: Replace as necessary up to 3 double steels.
– Action: Replace as necessary up to 6 broken hammer shanks.
– Recentre as necessary up to 6 tight or loose bushings.
– Replace as necessary up to 6 broken tape ends or tapes.
– Replace as necessary up to 6 broken damper springs.
– Tighten loose flange screws and butt plate screws.
– Space hammers. Take up waste touch at pilot screws or dollies.