County Supplies Users’ Group for Admin Officers – Purpose and objectives of the group
Schools and colleges are very important customers for County Supplies and the feedback from Admin Officers is vital to ensure that the responsive, economic and efficient service that they require is provided. County Supplies provides a procurement and supply service to nearly 4,000 customers, and of that number about 60% are in the education sector.
The experiences and requirements that help Administration Officers in the education sector provides invaluable feedback for County Supplies. The Users' Group is a very effective discussion and information exchange forum for Admin Officers and County Supplies on procurement issues.
Practical objectives of the Users' Group
- Exchange of information and views on procurement and supplies.
- Brief County Supplies on any specific product or service requirement.
- Test and review new products prior to the launch.
- Receive early notice of new products or services to be launched.
- Identify ordering or invoicing problems that require resolution.
- Bring product or service problems to the direct attention of County Supplies.
- Invite specific buyers to meetings for specialist advice or guidance.
- Invite selected guests to present products and services relevant to the education market.
Purpose of the Users' Group
- To give Admin Officers a forum to explore and exchange purchasing experiences.
- To identify new requirements.
- To guide the development of improvements in the County Supplies service to schools.
- To give County Supplies direct and accurate customer feedback.
The group is a mixture of Admin Officers from the various geographical areas covered by County Supplies, and from primary and secondary schools and colleges. Admin Officers can be invited, nominated or can volunteer to join the group and are able to nominate a deputy to attend in their place where necessary.
Meetings are usually in May and October, but more frequently if members of the Group require it. Venue and catering for these meetings are arranged by County Supplies. Administration support services are arranged by County Supplies on behalf of the Group.
User Group members should be employed in Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Berkshire or the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead schools or represent education establishments within these areas.
For more information please contact Claire Wheeler at County Supplies on (01962) 826930 or e-mail email@example.com