Write a review of your visit to Eastleigh Museum
Tell us what you think, or if you disagree with other reviews write your own!
Whether you want to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit, or give us some tips on how we can improve it for next time, we want to hear what you think.
Please leave your name and email address. Your email address will not be published. We may contact you prior to publication, so please use a genuine email or your comments may not be published.
3 reviews so far
We enjoyed visiting this charming museum today and learning something about local history and doing some reading. Particularly good to escape the Christmas shopping and enjoy the homemade cake! Well worth a visit.
20/11/2011 05:50amAntony Gabb
I left Leigh Road Eastleigh in December 1975 and on my recent visit to the town came across the museum.
The many photos you have in your files especially the carnival brought back memories of the happy times when my parents made many costumes for me and themselves.
Growing up as a son of a Pirelli General worker I had the benefit of using their sports facilities which were second to none. I learnt to swim in the swimming pool, tennis, bowls and entered into the annual sports days as well as having picnics around the bowling green.
The railway which brought about the towns expansion is well represented in models and pictures.
If you take the time to spend half an hour or more you will not be disappointed and the young staff are very helpfull
22/02/2011 05:28pmKymmy Lewis
Myself and my two Sons (now 12 and 15) have visited the museum pretty much every time the collection changed. We love it and are so lucky to have it in our town. The visiting exhibits are always interesting and the permanent ones continue to hold our interest after all these years. The shop is well stocked with reasonably priced unusual gifts, the tea shop well priced and we love the stain glass wall. Thank you to the friendly team who make the visit so nice! Long may they continue!
Review Ref. 313520
- Give the reasons you liked or didn't enjoy your visit.
- Even if your review is negative, you should not use strong or non-family-friendly language.
- We reserve the right to edit or withhold from publication any reviews which we consider inappropriate.
- Please don't post multiple reviews.
- Reviews can take up to 5 working days to be posted. Where a response and/or investigation is required this timescale may be extended
- If you are under 16, please ask your parent/guardian before you submit a review.
- You should not post reviews if you are associated with this venue.
Data Protection Act 1998
We will only process your personal data in order to respond to your comments or suggestions.
Contact us about Reviews
- email email@example.com