Consultation on Hampshire's School Admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools for 2014/15
Please note that the consultation period has now ended.
All responses received were collated and presented to Cllr Perry, the Elected Lead Member for Children's Services, on his decision day of 23 January 2013, when the 2014 admission arrangements were determined.
What are the agreed changes?
The following changes to the County's admission arrangements have been agreed:
- Introduction of catchment priority for siblings of children displaced from their catchment school because of oversubscription in the normal admissions round.
- Introduction of a 'children attending the linked infant school' criterion for inclusion in junior school policies, positioned above other out of catchment criteria.
- Introduction of a restriction in the use of the 'Medical' criterion to the normal admissions round only.
- Introduction of a 'Children of staff' criterion in the primary, infant, junior and secondary school admission policies, for children living outside the catchment area. (Staff refers to all employees on the school payroll.)
- Changes to some schools' Published Admission Numbers including a reduction in the admission number of Hiltingbury Junior School from 99 to 90; Rucstall Primary school from 38 to 34 and Froxfield Infant School from 15 to 12.
- Changes to the catchment areas of Calthorpe Park School and Court Moor School due to the development at Queen Elizabeth Barracks (QEB).
- Changes to the catchment areas of Burnham Copse Primary School and Bishopswood Infant and Junior Schools in Tadley.
- Introduction of a catchment area for the new primary provision at The Westgate School, Winchester.
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools 2014-2015 50 kB
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Junior Schools 2014-2015 49 kB
- Admission Policy for Community Secondary Schools 2014-2015 50 kB
- School specific criteria 2014-2015 32 kB
- Nursery Admissions Policy September 2014-2015 56 kB
School admission numbers
- Primary PANs 2014-2015 [This link has been removed]
- Secondary PANs 2014-2015 18 kB
Catchment area changes
- Calthorpe Park School and Court Moor School
- Burnham Copse Primary School and Bishopswood Infant School
- Primary school catchment areas in Winchester
- Fair Access Protocol 132 kB
Admission arrangements for voluntary aided schools, foundation schools and academies are also subject to consultation in some circumstances and copies can be obtained from the relevant school, who will advise you of arrangements for responding to their consultation.