Consultation on Hampshire's School Admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools for 2015/16
As required by the School Admissions Code, Hampshire County Council conducted a consultation on it's proposed admission arrangements for 2015. The consultation period ran from 20 December 2013 to 14 February 2014.
All responses received will be collated and presented to Cllr Mans, the Elected Lead Member for Children's Services, on his decision day on 26 March 2014, when the 2015 admission arrangements will be determined.
What are the proposed changes?
The following changes to the County's admission arrangements have been proposed:
- A change to the wording in the definition of 'siblings'.
- A change in the maintainance of the waiting lists.
- A change to the wording of the 'Starting school' advice in the Primary and Infant school admission policy.
- Changes to some schools' Published Admission Numbers including a reduction in the admission number of Hart Plain Infant School from 90 to 60, and a reduction in the admission number of Horndean Technology College from 300 to 250.
- Introduction of a shared catchment area between Castle Hill Infant School, Castle Hill Junior School, Winklebury Infant School, Winklebury Junior School and a new 2 form entry primary school at Rooksdown, Basingstoke.
- Changes to the catchment areas of Marnel Community Infant School, Marnel Community Junior School and Sherbourne St John CE Primary School in Marnell Park, Basingstoke.
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools 2015-2016 43 kB
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Junior Schools 2015-2016 39 kB
- Admission Policy for Community Secondary Schools 2015-2016 37 kB
- School specific criteria 2015-2016 25 kB
- Nursery Admissions Policy September 2015-2016 41 kB
School admission numbers
Catchment area changes
- Castle Hill Infant School, Castle Hill Junior School, Winklebury Infant School, Winklebury Junior School and a new 2 form entry primary school (Rooksdown)
- Marnel Community Infant School, Marnel Community Junior School and Sherbourne St John CE Primary School
- Fair Access Protocol 132 kB
Admission arrangements for voluntary aided schools, foundation schools and academies are also subject to consultation in some circumstances and copies can be obtained from the relevant school, who will advise you of arrangements for responding to their consultation.