Consultation on Hampshire's School Admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools for 2016/17
As required by the School Admissions Code, Hampshire County Council is conducting a consultation on it's proposed admission arrangements for 2016. The consultation period runs from 05 January 2015 to 01 March 2015.
Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post, to The County Admissions Team, The Castle, Winchester SO23 8UG. All responses received will be collated and presented to Cllr Manns, the Elected Lead Member for Children's Services, on his decision day of 25 March 2015, when the 2016 admission arrangements will be determined.
What are the proposed changes?
The following changes to the County's admission arrangements have been proposed:
- A change to the wording of criterion 3b of the junior school policy to allow for a change of address within the same catchment area.
- A change in the wording of criterion 4a of the primary and infant, junior and secondary policy to allow for a change of address within the same catchment area.
- Introduction of a definition of 'displaced' to the primary and infant, junior and secondary policies
- Introduction of random allocation to the tiebreaker where two applicants are measured as living equidistant from the school.
- Introduction of a Random Allocation Procedure document.
- Removal of the School Specific Criterion for Great Binfields who no longer wish to measure distance by walking distance; and removal of Cove Junior, Guillemont Junior and Southwood Infant schools, which provided transitional arrangements for siblings put in place to support families when the catchment areas were changed in 2014.
- Introduction of a School Specific Criterion for Northern Junior School and Lymington Junior School.
- Changes to some schools' Published Admission Numbers including a reduction in the admission number of Northern Junior School from 60 to 45, a reduction in the admission number of Breamore Primary School from 24 to 15 and a reduction in the admission number of Fernhill School from 189 to 180.
- Consideration of a request from Hambledon Primary school to change its linked secondary school from Cowplain Community School to Swanmore College of Technology. Please refer to the section below, 'Hambledon Primary School link secondary school review'.
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools 2016-2017 46 kB
- Admission Policy for Community and Voluntary Controlled Junior Schools 2016-2017 41 kB
- Admission Policy for Community Secondary Schools 2016-2017 36 kB
- School specific criteria 2016-2017 21 kB
- Random Allocation Procedure (tie-breaker) 67 kB
- Nursery Admissions Policy September 2016-2017 39 kB
School admission numbers
Hambledon Primary School link secondary school review
There are three proposed options which consultees are asked to comment on making clear which option they deem to be preferable. Please follow the link to view these options and a summary of considerations.
- Fair Access Protocol 33 kB
Admission arrangements for voluntary aided schools, foundation schools and academies are also subject to consultation in some circumstances and copies can be obtained from the relevant school, who will advise you of arrangements for responding to their consultation.