Admission to school

provided by the Children's Services Department

Apply Online

Hampshire County Council operates two types of admissions:

  • one for In Year applications.  This is for children who need an immediate school place.  

  • the other is for September 2015 applications into Year R, Year 3 (junior schools only) and Year 7, known as the Main Round.

If you do not know which year group your child would usually be admitted to, please check by using their date of birth.

There are two online system, depending on which admission you require.  At present, the online system is only available for In-Year applications.  

The main round application system closed:

  • on 31 October 2014 for Year 7 (September) applications , and

  • at midnight on 15 January 2015 for Year R and Year 3 (september) applications.

Further information on submitting a late main round application can be found on Stop Press.

In-year applications

Parents who need to make a school application for their child to start immediately (within the next four weeks), should apply using the link below. Applications for an In Year school place starting in September can also be made using the online system. You may also wish to refer to our guidance about in-year admissions and information about types of school in Hampshire, the school's age range and status.

If you cannot open the online application page, please check your security settings.  If necessary, lower your security settings whilst making an application.

Please be aware that if you have previously applied online using the online system and you now need to apply for an in-year place, you must register again. Your username and password can be the same but you will need to complete the registration section.

Main round applications

Parents who need to make an application for their child to start in Year R, Year 3 (junior) or Year 7 in September 2015 should follow the guidance on Stop Press to make a late application.