education Hampshire

Supply Teachers and Casual Support Staff

Hampshire operates a preferred panel of providers agency model and encourages schools to either engage their supply workers directly or use a preferred provider.

If you are seeking a supply role, you should either:

  1. Contact Hampshire Schools and Education Centres directly to see if they are recruiting for Supply Teachers; or

  2. Contact one of our preferred providers below

Supply Agency


Telephone Number


02392 123500

CER Education Recruitment

0800 731 6871

Class Cover

01730 770600

ITN Mark Education

02380 111061


01865 751742

Reed Education

02380 828605

Simply Supply

01329 560 600

Supply Desk

02380 230340

Teaching Personnel

02380 331441


02380 337080

If you have any questions please contact us by email at or telephone 023 8038 3533

Supply and Newly Qualified Teachers

Short-term supply does not provide the supportive environment needed in your first year of teaching, and some agencies do not accept applications from NQTs. Hampshire schools are discouraged from employing NQTs for casual supply work as this prevents you from beginning your Induction Year.

While you may work on a supply basis through your own contact with individual schools, or through an agency that accepts NQTs, this will not count towards induction until the placement is for a term or more (even part-time) involving regular teaching of the same classes. In this case the school must start your induction. You should not be offered a supply placement lasting for a term or more that involves only day-to-day cover for absent teachers or PPA cover, as this would not allow you to begin induction.

Moreover, as an NQT you are not allowed to do solely casual supply teaching or other non-inductable posts, for more than 5 years after the date of your QTS.  After this time your next post must be one where you can undertake induction - unless there are exceptional circumstances allowing the Local Authority to extend your supply teaching.


Facebook Twitter