Education Personnel Services
Who we are
Education Personnel Services is a specialist schools HR consultancy providing expert advice and guidance on personnel matters relating to teaching and non-teaching staff. Our purpose is to support school improvement by ensuring our customers have access to the expertise when they need it.
We understand the challenges that schools may face in striving to achieve the best outcomes for Children. This includes recruiting the right staff, dealing with staff performance and ensuring policies and procedures comply with employment law frameworks.
When you decide to secure personnel services from us, you will have the peace of mind that your school will have access to professionally qualified staff who will support you in a flexible and compliant way supported by our Customer Charter
What we do
We provide expert advice and support on a variety of personnel related matters for teaching and non-teaching staff.
Our expert staff fully understand the challenges that you face in leading and managing your school. Therefore we will ensure we meet your service requirements when the need arises. The key features of our service to you includes:
- Telephone helpline operated by expert HR consultants available 5 days per week during business hours
- Access to the on-line manual of personnel practice which provides essential employment guidance, model policy and procedures
- Support for dealing with staff performance including capability, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management and ill health
- Support for addressing your recruitment needs through our Education Jobs website and optional administration for Headship appointments
- Advice on the management of the statutory induction provision for Newly Qualified Teachers
- Provision of standardised and bespoke training solutions
- Advice and support for schools considering or converting to Academy status
- Subscription to the termly Headlines news letter which keeps you up to date with the latest HR developments impacting on the education and children’s sector.
How we do it
Through the Education Personnel Services Customer Charter.
We are committed to delivering the priorities that you have told us are important to you.
This Charter is our pledge that we will:
- Deliver a service which impacts positively on your drive for school improvement
- Discuss your required outcomes and timescales at the outset
- Provide advice which is practical, flexible and includes a range of risk assessed options
- Deliver a personalised service through dedicated named contacts
- Ensure your policies, procedures and guidance are regularly reviewed to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Have a specialist team available to answer your queries through our help desks
- Seek your views and respond to your suggestions for improvement.
EPS – committed to delivering an outstanding service