Training and Development
Building in-house capability to manage staffing issues is essential to empowering your staff and developing leaders of the future.
Training is provided by experienced EPS specialists and is relevant to school individual needs. It is aimed at improving both individual and whole school effectiveness. Our courses are workshop based which blend tutor input and delegate participation to maximise the opportunity for interaction.
Programme of training
We have developed a highly successful programme of training to support the challenges of daily school life. The following provides an example of the courses available.
- Managing staff reductions
- Managing staff absence
- Performance management
- Investigating capability and conduct issues
- Developing management skills including assertion and conflict management
- Introducing performance management for support staff
- Safer recruitment
We focus training for schools:
- On topical personnel issues delivered either in-house or at a suitable local venue
- In a way which best suits the needs of the school – this could be through cluster of schools, inset day training or larger briefings
- At a time which is convenient for example during the school day or through twilight sessions
- Sessions may very from 1 hour – 1 day
Courses can be seen on the learning zone