Early Years training
EMTAS offers ‘Raising Awareness’ training for Early Years providers. This is promoted by the Services for Young Children (SfYC) and one-off sessions are scheduled to run across Hampshire at a variety of venues. The session looks at strategies to support children for whom English is an additional language and Travellers in pre-school settings and focuses on practical activities and resources that can be used to support practitioners in their work with these children.
You can book a place on one of these sessions through your local Services for Young Children (SfYC).
Feedback from participants
- Following attendance at a session, practitioners have commented
- “It has made me aware of the difficulties that children must have when they are entering a setting and to know how we can change things.”
- “It has helped us settle ethnic minority children, make parents feel welcome and staff more confident.”
- “I have a Polish boy who does not speak any English; this course has helped me with some ideas to communicate with him better.”
- “I would recommend my colleagues attend future sessions.”
- “It has helped me become more aware of what I need to do if we have Traveller pupils.”