Support Staff Development
General Development Information
- htlc.hants.gov.uk/courses/index. The Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College (HTLC) section contains information on courses for school staff who work with pupils, admin, finance and office staff, technicians, and premises and facilities staff.
- www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/staff/ - This site provides information on developing the functional skills of support staff who carry out an increasing variety of demanding roles.
- www.skills4schools.org.uk. This site has been developed by Unison and the TDA to promote the development of support staff in schools. There are sections for support staff, Union Learning Representatives and schools leaders and CPD managers.
Understanding different classroom support roles
HTLC have produced a matrix of the main classroom support roels including LSA 1, 2 and 3; HLTA 1 and 2; and Cover Supervisor. The matrix highlights how the roles differ and possible progression routes for staff in the roles.
Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTAs)
www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/staff/b00202143/hlta - Information about becoming an HLTA
- Matrices for Administrative Staff
- www.ncsl.org.uk/programmes/bdp/index. The role of the school business manager or bursar is now widely recognised as key to helping schools make better use of their resources and facilities. The programme includes the Certificate and Diploma of School Business Management, which are accredited by the Institute of Administrative Management, are fully funded and designed to be completed within a 12 month period.
Contact Us:Tel: 02380 383500