If you are interested in applying to become a school governor or want to find out more, please read the following information:
- E-Learning - Being a Governor (Modern Governor)
- Brief Video Clip About Governors Role (SGOSS)
- Information for Prospective Governors
- Disqualification Criteria
You can fill out an application form on-line or download a copy using the links below: (please note if you are applying for a teacher, staff or parent governor vacancy at a particular school you will need to download and complete the Word or PDF version and submit it to the school. Do not use the online version).
- On-line Application Form
- Application Form - Word document for downloading or printing 76 kB (this version can be saved onto your home pc and emailed where necessary)
- Application Form - full document in PDF format for browsing and printing 75kb. Note: To print the form, select "print as image" from the print menu.
The following information may also be of interest:
- Governor Vacancies - Find out whether there are Governor vacancies near you.
- Governor Types - Find out about the different types of school governor that make up a governing body.
- Shape Our Future Leaflets - Nepali 319kb and Polish 395kb (January 2008) English Version Word 378kb or PDF 267kb
- Inspiring Governors Alliance