Performance Management Workshops NCSL
The National College for Teaching and Learning are offering free training workshops for governors on Performance Related Pay in the Spring 2014 Term throughout the South East Region.
The training workshops will help governors to think about how they will make pay decisions in Autumn 2014 – to plan to raise performance through pay, whilst minimising appeals and ensuring decisions about policy and reviews can be justified.
On completion of the workshop delegates will leave:
- Understanding the governing body’s responsibilities on Performance Related Pay for teaching staff – i.e. What has changed and what they need to do about it;
- Having had the opportunity to consider the opportunities and the challenges posed by the changes;
- Having had the opportunity to share policies and good practices;
- Equipped to monitor the implementation of a PRP policy
- Understanding what else needs to be done in preparation for appeals from September 2014 (although this is not training for appeal panel members).
The sessions are funded by the National College so no charge at all to school.
Performance Management workshops are delivered under licence by Hampshire County Council.
SECOGS are delivery partners of Hampshire County Council.
Places are limited to 3 governors per school, which could include the headteacher.
If you are booked on any of these workshops the confirmation has been emailed to you with the below pre-reading work.
Pre-reading Work for Workshops as followings:
Appendix F – Common Myths 133 kB
Powerpoint 1 MB
Session detail and booking
Further session details will be available in the summer term 2014.