Skip to content
RRR Phase 2
Leadership and Management
- A clearer vision for RRR from County Steering Group
- A dialogue on “What would a Rights Respecting school would feel/look like?” with heads, teachers, trainers, inspectors. Leading to criteria.
- Exploring the ethical dimension in leadership with Trevor Walker, Heads and HTLC
- Inputs into other branches, Inclusion, Life Long Learning, HEPS
- Inputs into Teacher training institutions
- Exploring additional sources of funding ( inc. EU)
- 2 Seminar(s) for Heads on Management and Development issues, inks to other initiatives.
- June/July 04. 7 free Area based half day follow up courses for teachers. To cover – model sessions eg on Literacy, sharing of ideas/concerns, beginning rights work, reiterate principles of effective practice, discuss a ‘rights respecting school’. Led by HIAS colleagues and practicing teachers
- 2 further introductory courses -June 04. One each for Spring and Summer 05
- Initial Newsletter in Summer term 04
- Cluster groups from Autumn Term
- School based inset available from now using MP
- A teaching plan for Introducing the Convention available via the Web site
- Secondary school training Spring 05
- School assessments/questionnaires to be analysed by HEPS
- Sussex University evaluation sessions -May
- RRR and EY. Joint development work with EECU – to produce age appropriate EY activities based on participation. Family Learning development.
- Rights perspectives to feature in HIAS subject specific training courses and dissemination via newsletters/web sites. Working towards an RRR curriculum map. Also a feature of GATE 21, Healthy Schools, Assessment, SEN
- Specific Guidance/exemplars on integrated curricular approaches linked to Excellence and Enjoyment. 04-05
- Web site to develop to (a) offer exemplar material (b) involvement of children
- Philosophy for Children (P4C)