The County RE Centre
The RE Centre houses an extensive collection of resources available to borrow related to RE, collective worship and spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. The resources include artefacts, books, DVDs, posters, teaching packs, reference materials, CD-ROMs and topic boxes. The RE Centre also produces a wide range of Living Difference related resources available to purchase.
What services does the RE Centre provide?
- Loan service from library of books.
- Loan of DVDs, posters and artefacts.
- Artefact loan boxes and advice on using artefacts.
- Up-to-date collection of published reference material, especially books, posters and packs.
- Materials to support literacy, eg: storybooks, big books.
- Purchase of resources to support teaching according to the Agreed Syllabus, including picture packs.
- Materials to support social and religious cohesion.
- A telephone reference point for advice about issues concerning RE.
- Advice about local and national contacts, including speakers and places of worship to visit.
- Venue for workshops for teachers to visit and plan their work.
How can I get hold of the resources?
The RE Centre uses the Courier Service to distribute resources to all subscribers in Hampshire, Southampton and Portsmouth. Requests can be made via telephone or e-mail and online via the HIAS RE site.
For subscribers who wish to collect and return resources in person, we strongly advise that you should telephone before you visit – the RE Centre is sometimes used for meetings or may be closed due to staff absence.
Resources are available at reduced rates to schools that subscribe to the HIAS curriculum centre scheme. To check your school's subscription status, or to arrange subscription, please e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01962 845828.
What do schools say about the County RE Centre?
“The topic boxes enrich our pupils’ curriculum and respond to their learning styles.”
Special School RE Manager
“When I requested resources for a specific topic, a box was made up and dispatched immediately. A brilliant service.”
Infant School RE Manager
“A wonderful range of resources to support topics – teachers/subject leaders need to be encouraged to visit the Centre for themselves at least once to raise awareness of how topics can be supported by your materials.”
Primary School RE Co-ordinator
“Excellent provision – delivered direct to the doorstep!”
Hampshire Primary School RE Co-ordinator