Personal development learning – Development where it counts
Personal development learning in schools encompasses a variety of activities and opportunities, all of which contribute to the holistic development of children/young people.
These are facilitated through:
- the citizenship curriculum, including the rights, respect and responsibilities agenda
- personal, social and health education
- social and emotional aspects of learning
- work-related learning
- enterprise and financial education
- careers education.
PDL provides children/young people with the skills, confidence and ability to make the right choices and encourages them to stay safe and healthy by taking part in:
- extra-curricular activities
- sex and relationships education
- drug and alcohol education
- safety education, including personal safety and risk awareness.
Hampshire's PDL website helps develop PSHE and citizenship, careers education and guidance, enterprise education, work-related learning and all aspects of the wider personal development curriculum.