Rock Music in Hampshire
Our aim is to work with Hampshire schools to start and support rock bands through;
• High quality instrumental lessons with ensemble playing in the lesson
• Every guitar and drum student in a band
• Communication with Hampshire schools, tutors, and school rock bands
• Rock contacts in schools
• Establishing rock bands and acoustic world bands in schools
• Developing a Hampshire Rock Network as a focus for rock in Hampshire
• Band Tuition - Rock Startup, Session, Residency, Rock Night, Playing Day
• Instrumental workshops – technique/improvisation/composition
• Co-ordinating rehearsal space, equipment and PA
• Learning resources for guitar, drums, bass and ukulele
• Information for bands, health and safety, songs to play
• Regular performance opportunities - concerts and festivals e.g. our biennial Battle of the Bands.
• Professional training and support for our tutors
If you wish to discuss any aspect of education within the rock music genre then please contact us on
023 8065 2037 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hampshire Acoustic Guitar Festival
9 July 2016 saw young guitarists descend on Kings School, Winchester to learn some new techniques and play in the Evening Concert.
We were joined by internationally renown guitarist Gary Ryan, who covered a Masterclass and an Extended Techniques session, before headlining the Evening Concert itself.
To get a flavour of the day, please visit the festival webpage.
Battle of the bands
The Battle of the bands competition has been run every other year througout Hampshire, the last being in 2014. The winners (pictured) were Rift from Westgate School. This Winchester-based mixed gender band describe themselves as a hard rock/heavy metal with influences from Pink Floyd to Iron Maiden and more recently – Stone Sour.
Please be aware that Battle of the Bands will not be happening in 2016 due to funding being used to support the Acoustic Guitar Festival, featured above.