Rock Music in Hampshire
Our aim is to work with Hampshire schools to start and support rock bands through;
• High quality instrumental lessons with ensemble playing in the lesson
• Every guitar and drum student in a band
• Communication with Hampshire schools, tutors, and school rock bands
• Rock contacts in schools
• Establishing rock bands and acoustic world bands in schools
• Developing a Hampshire Rock Network as a focus for rock in Hampshire
• Band Tuition - Rock Startup, Session, Residency, Rock Night, Playing Day
• Instrumental workshops – technique/improvisation/composition
• Co-ordinating rehearsal space, equipment and PA
• Learning resources for guitar, drums, bass and ukulele
• Information for bands, health and safety, songs to play
• Regular performance opportunities - concerts and festivals e.g. our biennial Battle of the Bands.
• Professional training and support for our tutors
If you wish to discuss any aspect of education within the rock music genre then please contact us on
023 8065 2037 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Battle of the bands - 2016
The Battle of the bands competition is run every other year througout Hampshire, the last being in 2014. The winners (pictured) were Rift from Westgate School. This Winchester-based mixed gender band, describe themselves as a hard rock/heavy metal with influences from Pink Floyd to Iron Maiden and more recently – Stone Sour.
The following details have been revised from the 2014 poster, the updated advert will be released later this year.
We’re looking for the best young rock bands in Hampshire!
Play a major venue to a live audience and a panel of professionals...
Round 1 – Audio
Send us a recording
Band members need to be under 17yrs of age on 31 July 2016
Cover songs or original material
If you don’t have a recording – make one!
Studio quality recording is not necessary. Raw talent is enough!
Don’t be shy! We want to hear your band!
Email an MP3 file of one song to email@example.com or send a CD to:
Hampshire Music Service
Deadline: December 2015 TBC
Email for your music teacher or parent
Band members and instruments they play
include in the MP3 name or on the CD:
School or youth group
Round 2 – Live Heats
The best bands from the Audio Round go on to compete in Live Heats around the county in spring 2016
Round 3 – The Final
The heat winners will each play a set to a panel of professional musicians to find the Overall Best Band