School and community minibus licences - training
Practical instruction and driving test for school staff requiring entitlement to drive a minibus. A multi-session course for members of staff who obtained their car driving licences after 1 January 1997.
- Once the school has provided evidence to HTLC that the necessary pre-requisites are in place, the trainee will be placed on the next available practical course and dates/times will be advised
- The four-day course consists of three days practical training followed by a test day
- The instructor to trainee ratio will be 1:2
- From 15 November 2011 the D1 course now also includes the MiDAS qualification. Successful completion of all parts of this course removes the need for additional MiDAS training
All delegates must be at least 21 years old before they start the course.
Delegates should have a minimum of two years driving experience.
Before training can be arranged the delegate must have the following:
- A provisional D1 licence
- A D4 medical report signed by a GP
- A certificate for successful completion of the theory tests
PLEASE NOTE: NEW TRAINING PROVIDER
Initial expressions of interest should be made to the Hampshire Road Safety Team.
Telephone: 01962 846100.
Services and contacts
For support with booking courses:
Tel: 01962 718600
For other support:
If you are an external establishment or an IoW school and wish to subscribe to the Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College, please click the following links: