School and community minibus licences - training
Practical instruction and driving test for school staff requiring entitlement to drive a minibus. A multi-session course for members of staff who obtained their car driving licences after 1 January 1997.
- Once the school has provided evidence to HTLC that the necessary pre-requisites are in place, the trainee will be placed on the next available practical course and dates/times will be advised
- The four-day course consists of three days practical training followed by a test day
- The instructor to trainee ratio will be 1:2
- From 15 November 2011 the D1 course now also includes the MiDAS qualification. Successful completion of all parts of this course removes the need for additional MiDAS training
All delegates must be at least 21 years old before they start the course.
Delegates should have a minimum of two years driving experience.
Before training can be arranged the delegate must have the following:
- A provisional D1 licence
- A D4 medical report signed by a GP
- A certificate for successful completion of the theory tests
The school / delegate will be responsible for costs associated with gaining their provisional licence, theory test and medical plus release from school.
Only when the necessary documentation is in place will the applicant be allocated dates for the training and test.
The cost per delegate for the training is as follows - this covers the four day practical training, test, MiDAS training and minibus hire:
For HCC schools - £0 as the charge is fully funded by the schools forum.
HCC sixth forms, FE and activity centres - £210.
Academies, other LA school or HCC departments not associated with schools - £835.
Initial expressions of interest can be made to Catherine Dilley by emailing email@example.com or telephone 01962 718613.
Services and contacts
For support with booking courses:
Tel: 01962 718600
For other support:
If you are an external establishment and wish to subscribe to the Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College, please click the following links: