The Government's aims for the School Games initiative is to revive the culture of competitive sport in schools.
The School Games will run at four levels -
- Intra school competition - class vs class, community vs community.
- Regular inter-school competition between schools at local level - central venue leagues; one day festivals; knock out competitions; league competitions.
- Annual county/sub regional culmination of inter school competition ie. Hampshire Schools Games and other County Final competitions.
- National multi sport residential event.
- More information can be found on the School Games Website
Key to the success of competition across Hampshire, in addition to the thousands of volunteers who continue to give of their time and expertise freely, are the School Games Organisers (SGOs). The SGOs in Hampshire are based at the hub sites of the School Sports Partnership.
Hampshire has a long and successful tradition of providing sporting opportunities for schools and currently boasts 18 School Sport Associations and the Hampshire Schools Sports Federation, and is well placed to successfully deliver the Government's vision.