Schools Sports Federation (HSSF)
The Hampshire Schools’ Sports Federation comprises all the schools' sports associations in Hampshire, including the two unitary authorities of Portsmouth and Southampton. Any properly constituted county schools’ sports association in Hampshire may seek election to the Federation.
Its aims are:
- to provide a single body for all constituent schools' sports associations in the geographical county of Hampshire;
- to provide a cohesive sense of direction and purpose for extended school sport in the county;
- to maximise the use of financial and material resources available;
- to provide an opportunity for debate and discussion on the development of extended school sport and to highlight particular areas of concern or need;
- to liaise closely with the Children's Services Departments in the three authorities to ensure that the educational priorities of sport are maintained;
- to ensure that requirements regarding supevision and safety in all school sports and activities are observed.
A yearbook is produced annually with information relating to individual School Sports Associations and there is an annual presentation evening to celebrate the achievement of rising sport stars.