SIMS and the Senior Leader: Using SIMS for School Improvement
SIMS has the ability to hold a wide range of data which can help with the task of knowing your students. Many schools are now data rich, but how do you know where to find the information that can help you in your role as a senior leader?
Many schools collect a variety of data for the students in their care, but often this data seems to be collected but does not seem to be used across the school.
How often have you wanted to know the answer to a question about a group of students in your school and not been able to get the required information in order to:
- Gain an advanced knowledge of the data held within the MIS making use of the Student Teacher View.
- Understand how to access the data held within the MIS to enable and inform decision making.
- Be able to analyse the data available for a variety of reasons.
- Be able to identify problem areas quickly, to enable additional support options within classes, for booster sessions or teacher support with difficult groups.
- Identify key areas of improvement across the school.
- Enable senior leaders to make good use of the Home Page.
This course will use scenarios which look at why you may wish to find out about various items of data and how you can make use of the information to inform the four Ofsted judgement areas:
- Teaching & Learning
- Leadership & Management
- Behaviour & Safety
Who should attend?
Senior Leaders should be accompanied by SIMS users.
Senior Leaders with a role associated with school improvement
the school’s SIMS Manager/Assistant who can complete the actions required to set up and implement the relevant areas in SIMS.
Course and booking details:
Cost for first delegate is £186 and second delegate is £98. To book onto this one-day course, please email email@example.com with the names of the two delegates and the course code below to indicate your chosen date.