Hosted SIMS Discover drop-in sessions
Winchester, July and September 2013
Hampshire IT will be running drop-in sessions for schools with Centrally Hosted SIMS who wish to have a brief introduction to Discover.
The first release of Hosted Discover will enable schools to use the pre-defined graphs and functionality of the product which will include creation of Dynamic Groups and Attendance and Behaviour graphs and Venn diagrams.
The sessions will last approximately 60 minutes with a chance for questions at the end.
You will see SIMS Discover in action in the Centrally Hosted environment and find out how the first release of SIMS Discover can be used in your school to:
- Easily analyse SIMS Attendance, behaviour and achievement data for cohorts of children
- Find trends and patterns in your pupil data so you can monitor at risk groups and assess intervention strategies
- Monitor and identify trends for vulnerable pupils using the pastoral information already held in the SIMS database
- Present information in suitable format for OFSTED inspections and Chair of Governors
- Use Venn diagrams to create a ‘dynamic group’ that can track and push automatic alerts to teachers when a child joins or leaves the group. This will alert you, as one example, when a child’s attendance drops above or below a defined percentage
- Support school improvement strategies
The sessions will take place on:
- Tuesday 16 July 2013 at Learning Spaces, Winchester Discovery Centre, Winchester
- Thursday 12 September 2013 at the Wellington Room, Elizabeth II Court South, Winchester
Session Times are:
- 0930-1030 - fully booked
- 1100-1200 - fully booked
The sessions are focussed on the use of SIMS Discover for senior leaders and teachers. Attendance will provide an excellent grounding in preparation for the next phase for analysis of attainment data which needs a more focussed and in depth approach to meet individual school assessment needs and to support the introduction of the new Hampshire tracking system planned for September.
Please complete the online booking form to sign up to the sessions.
We hope that you will be able to attend one of the eight sessions offered.