Why do I need Business Continuity?Because it makes real business sense. Emergencies can disrupt your business, affecting operations and profits. This is bad for employees, shareholders, customers and communities.
The benefits of having business continuity include:
- You will develop a clearer understanding of how your organisation works, and where it is vulnerable to a crisis. Very often this provides the sort of information that helps you make savings in your day-to-day operations.
- You will protect your business and minimise the impact of a crisis, not only for yourself but for your contractors, suppliers and customers as well.
- You will protect the reputation of your business and be seen to be an organisation that is in control despite adverse circumstances.
- You can reduce the cost of any disruption by having planned for how to manage it in advance.
- You may get a reduction in your insurance premiums.