Havant Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Harts Farm Way
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 02392 472683
Bigger and better site opens on Tuesday 17 December 2013
The new HWRC has been built on land behind the existing site off Harts Farm Way. It features a split level layout that will make it quicker and easier for residents to deposit their household waste and recyclables.
Site users will no longer have to climb up steps because the bins are set at the lower level. Capacity has been increased to 14 bins (previously just six).
Another benefit of the split level layout is that full waste containers can be removed and replaced without having to temporarily close the public area. Servicing vehicles can reach the waste containers from the lower level, allowing the HWRC to operate without interruption.
Approaching from the town centre, follow Solent Road to a large roundabout. Take the first exit and continue over the bridge that crosses the Havant bypass to another (mini) roundabout and take the third exit into Harts Farm Way. The site is located on the right after approx 300 yards. During busy periods, site users are advised to continue along Harts Farm Way to the junction with the A3(M) and then come back on yourself to approach the site on the left. This will help to reduce congestion.
Approaching from Bedhampton & the A3(M)/A27 interchange, cross the A27 into Harts Farm Way, signposted 'Industrial Estate'. Continue for approximately half a mile and the site is located on the left hand side.
Postcode: PO9 1HR
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries: car batteries
- Batteries: disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil: engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste: only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste: only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint: only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble: only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January