You are hereHantsweb HomeYour CouncilYour CouncilHave Your SayComments & Complaints

Your Council

Comments, Suggestions and Complaints

Your views help us to improve services and recognise your particular needs, so if you think we could do better, we want to hear from you. We also like to know when you think we did something well, and if anything in particular impressed you.

Please note that Adult Services and Children's Services departments, including schools, have separate arrangements for complaints.

If you have a complaint about a school please use the school's complaints procedure to register your concern.  This avoids the risk of any potential investigation being compromised through the use of social networking websites.

Comments, suggestions and complaints are dealt with professionally and, where possible, are treated in confidence. However, in order to investigate complaints thoroughly, it may be necessary to share details of what you say.

How long will it take?

For more information on how to make a complaint and how we will respond please see our full complaints procedure. Find out our definition of a complaint.

  • We aim to acknowledge your complaint within five working days. Occasionally this may not be possible but you will receive an acknowledgement.
  • We will aim to reply to you within 20 working days.

Sometimes, due to the complexity of your complaint we will not be able to meet this timescale. If this happens we will write to you, and keep you fully informed of the progress being made.

A complaint regarding a County Councillor

If you wish to make a complaint that a Member of the County Council has failed to comply with the Members' Code of Conduct you should complete the Complaint against a Member form. For information please also see the arrangements for dealing with a complaint Microsoft Word.


Make a comment, suggestion or complaint

Complete our online form

Phone: 0300 555 1375

Write to:
Corporate Complaints Team
Hampshire County Council
The Castle
SO23 8UJ