After the floods: Advice for businesses
A summary of the schemes available is set out below, but for full details see the GOV.UK page
Summary of the Government assistance schemes
Repair and Renewal Grant
A repair and renewal grant of £5,000 is available to all flood affected homes and businesses. The grant provides financial support to pay for repairs which improve a property’s ability to withstand future flooding.
Business Rate Flooding Relief
Businesses that have been flooded will be able to apply to their local council to get business rate relief for three months. Information on the scheme and how to claim is being sent to all businesses located within flood warning areas with business rate bills this month.
Government Business Support Helpline
Advice and support to businesses affected by floods is provided by a Helpline which offers a free one hour call with a dedicated Business Support Adviser to help businesses get back on their feet. The helpline number is 0300 456 3565 and can take calls from flood affected businesses now.
Government support for farmers
The Government is providing a £10million fund for farmers to restore flooded agricultural land.
HMRC tax helpline
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have set up a dedicated helpline to provide tax advice and assistance to those who have been affected by flooding.
Telephone 0800 904 7900:
- Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm
HMRC may be able to
- agree installment arrangements where taxpayers are unable to pay as a result of the floods
- agree a practical approach when individuals and businesses have lost vital records to the floods
- suspend debt collection proceedings for those affected by the floods
- cancel penalties when the taxpayer has missed statutory deadlines
Sport England is offering grants to help in the repair and reinstatement of sports pitches and facilities damaged by flooding.