Local Flood Risk Management Strategy (LFRMS)
The Act requires the Environment Agency to develop, maintain and apply a National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy.
Similarly, the Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) is required to develop a Local Flood Risk Management Strategy for its area.
The LLFA’s strategy must specify:
- risk management authorities within that area
- their flood and coastal erosion risk management functions and objectives for managing flood risk
- measures proposed to achieve those objectives
- how and when the measures are expected to be implemented
- costs and benefits and funding sources
- assessment of local flood risk
- how and when the strategy is to be reviewed
- how the strategy contributes to the wider environmental objectives