Hampshire Furniture Reuse Network (HFRN)
As part of Local Welfare Assistance, organisations and groups supporting individuals and families with potential crises have been invited to work with Hampshire County Council. The aim is to develop a local offer which targets limited resources to those most in need.
In some circumstances people need access to affordable or free goods to help alleviate immediate crisis. Hampshire County Council is working with local furniture reuse providers to enable individuals and families to access affordable, and sometimes free, furniture, white goods and electrical items. The scheme is called the Hampshire Furniture Reuse Network (HFRN) and will enable us to:
- reduce dependency on high cost borrowing and loan repayment schemes which often lead to real financial hardship
- reduce instances where families ‘make do’ or ‘go without’
- introduce families and individuals to a more affordable way of accessing high quality essential and desirable goods
- re-using an item of furniture saves the energy associated with manufacturing a new one, which has a positive impact on reducing CO2 emissions
- help strengthen the local economy by using local organisations who employ local people.
- ensure money provided to Hampshire to deliver Local Welfare Assistance can reach more households in need
I need supportIf you need support then you should contact:
- Hampshire Crisis Information and Advice Line to discuss your circumstances
- Tel: 0845 372 5859 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday
The Crisis Information and Advice Line will be able to discuss with you your concerns and circumstances. This will be dealt with confidentially and with a view to helping you to identify suitable ways and means of getting support, help or overcoming the issues you have.
The information and advice line has access to 100’s of local organisations who may be able to help as well as having the expertise and experience to be able to help you better understand what you can do to resolve some crises.
However the Hampshire Crisis Information and Advice will not be able to give you cash, goods or make decisions about potential items you need.
Get involved by making a donation
Disposing of your old furniture can be a difficult and time consuming job. The HFRN however are able to collect suitable* items such as reusable furniture (beds, tables, chairs, sofas, wardrobes, bookcases) and working electrical items (fridges and freezers) along with crockery, kitchen equipment and curtains.
*Suitable items may have to meet certain standards and will need to be clean and in good working order.
These items will then be made available to people who wish to purchase them or will be provided to families and/or individuals who are genuinely in need.
This project relies on local organisations and services agreeing to work with Hampshire to identify people in genuine need. These organisations are then able to contact the HFRN when items have been identified as critical for an individual and / or their family.
If you would like to donate furniture to your local furniture re-use organisation then please use the details below:
Twice as Nice
Tel: 01264 369615
Community Furniture Project
Tel: 01256 320700
The Furniture Helpline
Tel: 01420 489000
Havant & Gosport
Jacobs Well Care Centre
Tel: 02392 583050
Southampton City and Region Action To Combat Hardship (S.C.R.A.T.C.H)
Tel: 02380 773132
Winchester & Eastleigh
Tel: 01962 868300