Culture and Community Activity Grants
The purpose of the Culture and Community Activity Grants is to provide general support to groups and organisations which encourage and provide opportunities for individuals and communities within Hampshire to participate in cultural, community-focused, and recreational activities.
This programme funds projects and proposals which support the priorities and outcomes in Hampshire County Council’s Strategic Plan 2013-17 ’Shaping Hampshire: modern, public services for the future '.
- Health and wellbeing: Improving health and wellbeing for all, particularly those who are vulnerable or disadvantaged.
- Economy: Promoting economic prosperity and protecting the environment.
- Communities: Working with communities to enhance local services.
Applications can be made for over £1,000 up to a maximum of £3,000. Awards made may be £1,000 or less if this is felt to be appropriate. Organisations seeking funding of £1,000 or less are recommended to look at County Councillor Grants.
What is funded
- Community, cultural or recreational activities or events that provide opportunities for local people (Hampshire residents) to become involved
- A high quality eligible project, programme or activity that delivers measurable outcomes and results against the priorities set out above
- Match funding for business sponsorship
What isn't funded
- Further or higher education fees, personal development or training fees for individuals
- Curriculum based activities
- Building based capital works
- Capital and equipment schemes – i.e. buying instruments or uniforms
- General/core running costs of an organisation
- Website development projects
- Medical/complimentary treatment activities
- Setting up an organisation
- Profit making events/activities
- County, District or Borough Councils
- Services, projects or activities solely within the unitary authority areas of Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council
- Organisations already in receipt of core funding from other Hampshire County Council departments
- Uniformed groups such as Scouts, Girl Guides, military groups. etc
- Street parties or village fetes
Please note we cannot retrospectively fund projects/activities that have already been carried out. Grants are issued for projects/activities to be carried out in the future.
When to apply
|Deadline for applications||Decision date||Period of activity|
|5pm Friday 13 November 2015||21 January 2016||1 April 2016 - 31 March 2017|
|5pm Friday 8 April 2016||12 July 2016||1 August 2016 - 31 March 2017|
|5pm Friday 8 July 2016 (subject to available funding)||20 September 2016||1 October 2016 - 31 March 2017|
Grant criteria and eligibility
We will consider funding eligible organisations that meet all of the following criteria:
- The organisation must have actively sought funding from other sources; this could include district, borough, town or parish council funding. Priority will be given to applications which have partner funding in place from other sources.
- The proposed programme, project or activity of the organisation is a cultural, community, or recreational activity/project that encourages and provides opportunities for individuals and communities within Hampshire to participate.
- The programme, project or activity must also support one or more of the Strategic Plan 2013-17 'Shaping Hampshire: modern, public services for the future' priorities detailed above.
- A high quality project, programme or activity that delivers measurable outcomes and results against the priorities set out above.
- The organisation must be able to demonstrate that without the support from Hampshire County Council the activity/event would not be able to proceed at all or to the extent outlined in the application.
- Organisations with significant funds in place or higher levels of reserves must demonstrate why funding from Hampshire County Council is needed.
- The organisation has a clear management structure within its constitution or suitable governance/terms of reference.
- Match funding for business sponsorship.
All organisations requesting support must submit their latest Annual Accounts/annual financial summary.
All successful applicants will be required to provide appropriate reporting and/or monitoring for their service, projects and/or activities.
Organisations will be expected to have appropriate policies, procedures and levels of insurances in place. This will include child and vulnerable adult protection/safeguarding policies, health and safety policy, a minimum of £5m Public Liability and £5m Employers Liability Insurance.
Applications to other County Council grant schemes for the proposed project will be considered when reviewing applications.
We can match fund business sponsorship up to £300. The sponsorship you are receiving must be monetary, we can not match fund any in kind sponsorship, e.g. free/subsidised marketing. Match funding must be a minimum of £150 per business and businesses must be first time sponsors. Maximum of one application per organisation per year.
Organisations will not normally be eligible for grants where they hold a high level of unallocated reserves, particularly in excess of one year’s running costs. In cases where reserves held are felt to be high or exceed one year’s running costs a reduced level of funding may be agreed. All charitable organisations are expected to have an agreed reserves policy that addresses their financial risk.
Hampshire County Council
Telephone 01962 845390